TCS on Sale of Goods
Section 206C w.e.f. 1st October 2020
Applicable to ?
This is applicable only in India. Finsys Customers outside India, kindly ignore this information.
- Was your Turnover in FY 2019-20 more than Rs 10 Crores p.a. ?
- If yes, then
- This legal change is important for you
As per Budget 2020 / Finance Act 2020,
- Section 206C (1H), you must charge TCS on the Sale value of goods including GST.
- This is applicable on Sale invoices to those customers,
- to whom you sell goods worth more than Rs 50 lakhs a year.
Rate of TCS
- TCS Rate will be 0.075% if PAN is available,
- TCS Rate will be 0.75%, if customer does not give a PAN
Effective Date ?
- Currently : 1st October 2020
- Corona effect ? : Date might be postponed further. But chances are remote, since already 6 additional months given to all to get ready
- Finsys Preparation
- We are READY,
for the Latest Powerpoint and notes
Revised Updated Features … See the Powerpoint dated 24-9-2020 click here
See the previous Video dated March 2020 below.
The TCS journey Begins
New Button Created :
TCS Support Data
Report 1 : Which Customers are covered ?
Those whom you sold goods worth over 50 lakhs in 1 year. One Customer with 4 plants, will be counted as 1, since this is PAN based totalling
Report 2 ::Customers with TCS Rates
example 1 % or 0.1%. ( or this year 2020-21 : 0.075% or 0.75% )
Report 3 and 4
Summary of TCS,
purpose. : for TCS Return
Details of TCS, additional report
Invoices wise TCS Details… for transaction level details
Drill down and Click , option 5 : shows full detail with invoice number , and date etc
How to set the Master Files ?
Finsys, helping make your Business Better
Free , this Fast Readymade Solution is Free of Cost to all customers whose account is “Regular” in Finsys books.
Why did Govt do this ? . The International Think Tank of USA led OECD countries and G-20 Countries, of which India is an active member, found out that across the world the Job workers and anybody whose TDS is deducted is a higher percent of tax payer than that of seller of Goods. Sellers of Goods have no pressure to pay Advance Tax. So, the Governments Worldwide are planning this New Tool of TCS to get more revenue and reduce the Tax evasion possibilities.
The Governments have assured that if anybody’s Tax is higher than required, then it will be refunded to him/her as usual.
[ And no Doubts, now the Refunds do come automatically and online credited to your bank accounts , without any “extra” efforts. }
It is important to note that for calculating the threshold of Rs.10 Crore, the total turnover including gross receipts and sales is to be taken into consideration whereas for computing the threshold of Rs.50 Lakhs, only sale of goods is to be considered
Non Applicability of section 206C(1H) in the following cases:
1. If goods are exported from India to any country outside India.
2. If buyer is liable to deduct TDS under Income Tax Act.
3. If the goods sold are already covered under sub sections (1), (1C), (1F) and (1G)* of section 206C
*Inserted via Finance Act, 2020
Contact Finsys Team,
Escalation in case of Grievance-Delivery side , Mr Virender Singh, Phone # 9310008914
Delivery is assured “Free of Cost”, to all customers whose AMC is fully paid up, In case of Queries on our Ledger matching with your Accounts Dept. You may call Mr Bhim Sen Modi, Phone # 9555333195.
You may also Contact the Technical team on on 9015220220 ( India Call Centre Number ) : Extension : 1 & 2